Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Impact of replacing artifacts from an update site
Impact of replacing artifacts from an update site [message #1755249] Wed, 01 March 2017 15:57 Go to next message
Robert Munteanu is currently offline Robert MunteanuFriend
Hi,

I am currently investigating code signing for my Eclipse plug-ins ( https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/ide-tooling.html ). I build the plug-ins using Tycho.

The solution that is currently available to me does not have a Maven plug-in available, so I would either need to write on or use a Web UI.

If I decide to use the Web UI, then the artifacts (jars/features) will be changed after the update site is packaged. I see that there are various propeties of artifacts ( download.size, artifact.size ) that are referenced in artifacts.jar that will be incorrect after the signing.

Testing on a local update site did not result in any problems, but I can't be sure this will always be the case.

Is it safe to replace the artifacts from an existing update site with ones with a slightly larger size?

Thanks,

Robert
Re: Impact of replacing artifacts from an update site [message #1755889 is a reply to message #1755249] Thu, 09 March 2017 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Typically you'd re-publish your newly signed artifacts into a new repository with the features and bundles publisher.

I don't think replacement as you're doing is likely to be safe: in addition to the size, the artifacts.xml/jar may also include an file hash (MD5) too.

Brian.
Re: Impact of replacing artifacts from an update site [message #1758313 is a reply to message #1755889] Mon, 27 March 2017 15:02 Go to previous message
Robert Munteanu is currently offline Robert MunteanuFriend
Right. I'll have to take the long way then.

Thanks
Previous Topic:How to update with p2 directory without the logback error?
Next Topic:How to update after merging two features?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 09:33:44 GMT 2024