Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Xcore] Generate code in Tycho build
[Xcore] Generate code in Tycho build [message #1755009] Sun, 26 February 2017 12:17 Go to next message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
I am currently trying Tycho again after a long time, and made some progress thanks to Lars Vogel's excellent tutorial on POM-less Tycho builds.

I got it to even compile Scala code out of the box, I just had to add the Scala-IDE p2 repository to my main pom.xml.

However, the Java code for Xcore models is not generated.

Currently, as a workaround, I check my src-gen folder into Git so the generated source is present, but for obvious reasons I don't want this in the future - I want that the code is generated during the Maven run.

About this topic the only thing I found is this thread on tycho-user but I don't fully understand it.

Can anyone guide me how to achieve the Java code being built from an Xcore model using Tycho and Maven?
Re: [Xcore] Generate code in Tycho build [message #1755010 is a reply to message #1755009] Sun, 26 February 2017 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Likely this blog will help: https://www.nikostotz.de/blog/combine-xcore-xtend-ecore-and-maven/

Note it's better to ask about Xcore on the EMF forum rather than on the EMFT forum.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: [Xcore] Generate code in Tycho build [message #1755137 is a reply to message #1755010] Tue, 28 February 2017 11:26 Go to previous message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
Unfortunately, it did not help, but I got it to work adapting this example by Holger Schill and the attachment of comment 9 of this bug tracker entry.
Previous Topic:[Xcore] Project does not build anymore after git clean -fdx
Next Topic:Extending ECPReferenceService
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:46:51 GMT 2024