Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Why is ObservableListTreeContentProvider not meant to be subclassed?
Why is ObservableListTreeContentProvider not meant to be subclassed? [message #1754852] Thu, 23 February 2017 08:22 Go to next message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
I have a tree structure that is entirely based on observable lists and I want to show this in a CNF-based view. The catch here is that the content provider is defined via an extension point and thus has to have a public no-arg constructor. The ObservableListTreeContentProvider however takes an IObservableFactory and a TreeStructureAdvisor.

My go-to solution would be to simply subclass the ObservableListTreeContentProvider, with the default constructor initializing it as I want it to be. This works, but the comment says that the class is not to be subclassed by clients.

Is there a better solution to this?
Re: Why is ObservableListTreeContentProvider not meant to be subclassed? [message #1754903 is a reply to message #1754852] Thu, 23 February 2017 18:42 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm not sure why ObservableListTreeContentProvider is not intended to be subclassed. But you can instead provide a class on your extension that implements IExecutableExtensionFactory. The Extension Registry will create an instance of your factory class and ask it for the object to be used instead. Implementing the IExecutableExtension interface can be useful should you desire information about the actual reference in the plugin.xml.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Databinding to mutable property stops in SimplePropertyObserverValue
Next Topic:How do I update a column label provider when using ObservableValueEditingSupport? [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:03:24 GMT 2024