Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Genmodel Dynamic Template Empty Class File(Using dynamic template with default Class.javajet generates an empty class file.)
Genmodel Dynamic Template Empty Class File [message #1753863] Fri, 10 February 2017 21:21 Go to next message
Matt Fischer is currently offline Matt FischerFriend
My searches return either data overload or an empty set, so my apologies if this has already been answered.

I am working on custom code generator using the Genmodel workflow. I followed the instructions at http://blog.eclipse-tips.com/2008/08/using-dynamic-templates-in-emf.html#!/2008/08/using-dynamic-templates-in-emf.html. So far the only changes that I have made to the default templates is to add text to the file header in Header.javajetinc so that I can tell if the custom templates are being used. All of the files properly generate except the class .java file.

With the default Class.javajet from the plugin an empty class file is generated. If I remove the Class.javajet then Genmodel generates the class source file using the compiled template just fine.

I would expect this to be caused by an error in the default Class.javajet, but Genmodel doesn't indicate any errors during the generation process.

The version of the plugin that I used for the templates is:
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore 2.12.0.v20160526-0356

Thanks for any assistance or information that you can provide.
Re: Genmodel Dynamic Template Empty Class File [message #1753945 is a reply to message #1753863] Mon, 13 February 2017 09:03 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Dynamic templates are compiled in a hidden project named .JETEmitters. Using the view menu (little triangle) on the Package Explorer view to do Filter... and uncheck the .* resources filter to see this project. Perhaps there are compile errors in this project? That should help you figure out what's wrong. You can also try delete this project so that a new one is created. You could also try closing and reopening the *.genmodel and try again after deleting the .JETEmitters project.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:[EMF Forms] Instance model changes in e4
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] TableFactory with EditingSupport
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:41:30 GMT 2024