Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Easy way to install missing packages?
Easy way to install missing packages? [message #1753692] Thu, 09 February 2017 02:08 Go to next message
Jackson Lane is currently offline Jackson LaneFriend
Is there an easy way to install missing packages on Eclipse, preferably one that doesn't involve me going outside of Eclipse?

I'm a Java programmer at a large corporation. We're all set up with the Oracle Enterprise version of Eclipse on our company laptops, so we don't need to worry about installing most of the commonly used libraries.

Earlier this week, I downloaded Eclipse Neon JEE on my personal laptop only to find that almost none of my commonly used packages were there. I tried to create a servlet using the GUI, but I immediately got errors telling me Eclipse couldn't find "javax.servlet." I also am missing org.json, org.apache, and websockets.

I know that if I go on Google and download enough jars, I can probably get all my missing packages for the time being. But that's a lot of work, and I honestly just want to get to coding.

Is there an easier way to deal with this?

Re: Easy way to install missing packages? [message #1753706 is a reply to message #1753692] Thu, 09 February 2017 07:48 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Typically your dynamic web projects will get the javax.servlet.* packages from a server that you target--such as Tomcat, WebSphere, Glassfish, or Wildfly--since they provide those copies to your app at runtime. There may be some work involved in setting up the rest, but I suspect that's part of why your employer provides what they do. If you can be a bit more specific about what you're looking for, perhaps you can get more specific pointers.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse IDE to Remote Hadoop Cluster
Next Topic:Plugins are probably installed but unavailable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 10:33:29 GMT 2024