Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Usability: Location of Team Provider menu for submodules
Usability: Location of Team Provider menu for submodules [message #1752537] Tue, 24 January 2017 22:49 Go to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Dear all,

when using submodules, the location for team provider menu entries are on the resources, not on the model elements. Is there an easy way to

* Either navigate from a selected package in the model explorer to its resource in the project explorer?

* Or, even better, have the team provider menu shown on the model explorer and apply to the related resources?

Regards,

Andreas
Re: Usability: Location of Team Provider menu for submodules [message #1752778 is a reply to message #1752537] Fri, 27 January 2017 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Langer is currently offline Philip LangerFriend

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the feedback! I agree that it indeed would be nice to have the team provider menus on the model elements. This request is somewhere on our backlog but we didn't get to it yet.

It would be rather easy to do, I assume. Can you please open a bug report and put me in cc on it? Are you interested to work on that? I'd be happy to support that.

Our item on the backlog also includes showing the team decorations in the model explorer (changed markers, etc.). However, that would only make sense if the markers would be specific to the model elements (e.g., the changed model element only), which of course would be much harder to accomplish, since we'd need a live model comparison after each change. But this could be left for future work.

Thanks and best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Usability: Location of Team Provider menu for submodules [message #1752795 is a reply to message #1752778] Fri, 27 January 2017 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Philip,

thanks for the response. I will create a bugzilla, but I might not be the right person for implementing that kind of change.

WRT the showing of change markings: When working with submodules, I think it would be a first step (and probably sufficient), to show the change markers on the root element of a sub-module's resource.

E.g., if you have a UML package, make a submodule out of it, then it would be interesting to see at the package, if it's resource contents changed according to the resource's team provider status (not necessarily in more detail). I think I will create a bugzilla for that as well.

Regards,

Andreas

[Updated on: Fri, 27 January 2017 11:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Usability: Location of Team Provider menu for submodules [message #1766775 is a reply to message #1752795] Tue, 27 June 2017 08:38 Go to previous message
Finally managed to write a Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=518815
Previous Topic:State machine diagram - Check / Guard [State activity/status]
Next Topic:Add item into diagram property from plugin (Java)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:35:07 GMT 2024