Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Moving Properties and Operations to a different class(I want to create a super class and move all shared properties and operations from the subclasses there.)
Moving Properties and Operations to a different class [message #1752177] Thu, 19 January 2017 13:30 Go to next message
Philip Schröder is currently offline Philip SchröderFriend
Hello,
I want to create a superclass for a bunch of subclasses and move the shared properties and operations there, but whenever I cut+paste operations from one class to another (doesn't have to be in a generalization association), the properties and operations always appear in the new class directly under the class name instead of the properties or operations areas for unknown reasons.
Does it mean they are seen a foreign properties/operations or what is the reason?

How do I do it that the operations are copied to the operation department, and the properties to the property department, and what does it mean, that they appear in the class name area?

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Best

Phil.
Re: Moving Properties and Operations to a different class [message #1752229 is a reply to message #1752177] Fri, 20 January 2017 07:27 Go to previous message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Philip,

Basically, this is a reported bug .

A feature introduced an enhanced compartment for the name and since the generic copy/paste is dropping the element in the first allowed compartment
we got this regression,

Regards,
Benoit
Previous Topic:Elementtype for Aggregate
Next Topic:Activity Diagrams in Papyrus - Advanced Features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:17:39 GMT 2024