Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » After upgrading hudson from version 1.379 to 3.1.1 views and jobs are missing from dashboard(One of our SW product uses Hudson for build. When I tried upgrading hudson to 3.1.1 version all jobs and views are missing in dashboard.)
After upgrading hudson from version 1.379 to 3.1.1 views and jobs are missing from dashboard [message #1752053] Wed, 18 January 2017 10:43 Go to next message
Chit vish is currently offline Chit vishFriend
One of our SW product uses Hudson for build. When I tried upgrading hudson from 1.379 version to 3.1.1 version, all jobs and views are missing in dashboard.

These were the steps followed on windows 7 machine.
1. Downloaded hudson.war from Hudson site
2. Took backup of hudson configurations.
3. Replaced hudson.war file
3. stop hudson service.
4. uninstall hudson
5. install hudson
6. start hudson service.
7. Initial screen asked for plugin upgrade and gave all required http proxy details.
8. started getting below error due to jreechart plugin. Which is no more supported in 3.1.1.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jfree/chart/axis/CategoryAxis

9. Removed jfreechart.hpi from plugin and all its folders.
10. When tried upgrade again, I faced some errors which I haven't captured.
11. So I tried starting hudson by running below command
java -jar hudson.war
12. In initial setup screen I selected to upgrade only mandatory plugins and installed.
13. This upgraded hudson successfully. However all the previous jobs and views were missing.

So I would like to know how I can safely upgrade from version 1.379 to 3.1.1 with keeping all jobs, configurations and views intact.

Any suggestion, guidelines and help is highly valued.

Thanks..
Re: After upgrading hudson from version 1.379 to 3.1.1 views and jobs are missing from dashboard [message #1752114 is a reply to message #1752053] Thu, 19 January 2017 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Foster is currently offline Bob FosterFriend
It isn't possible to answer that question without knowing what incompatible plugins you may be running. You should certainly upgrade and/or install all the recommended plugins, and you should remove all plugins for which there is no upgrade - for example, any plugin you may have imported from Jenkins - as they almost certainly will not work.

To become an Eclipse-licensed product, any Hudson components that could not pass IP muster with the Eclipse lawyers had to be removed from core. For example, core no longer contains jfreechart. However, plugins don't come from Eclipse and don't have to meet the same standards. So there is a jfreechart-plugin. Plugins that used to use jfreechart will work, but only with some modification. Jaxen is no longer part of core, but there is a plugin to supply it. Etc.

Make sure you back up everything before you try to upgrade in a copy of your Hudson home. Expect some bumps.
Re: After upgrading hudson from version 1.379 to 3.1.1 views and jobs are missing from dashboard [message #1752125 is a reply to message #1752114] Thu, 19 January 2017 05:02 Go to previous message
Chit vish is currently offline Chit vishFriend
Thanks for the response Bob.
I reverted back to 1.379 version. Here are the list of plugins that we have installed. Attached 2 pics lists the plugins.

I will try upgrading all supported plugins.

Meanwhile could you please let us know from attached list if there are any other plugins which i need to remove before upgrading.

Also my main question was is it expected to loose all jobs and views when hudson version is upgraded from 1.X baseline to 3.X. ?? Or is it because of some issue with my upgrade process?

Thanks
Previous Topic:Continuous integration
Next Topic:TFS tab not showing up in Configure system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:22:08 GMT 2024