Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » XWT » About WindowBuilder and XWT(About WindowBuilder and XWT)
About WindowBuilder and XWT [message #1751519] Wed, 11 January 2017 06:12 Go to next message
Hernán Cano is currently offline Hernán CanoFriend
Hi, friends.

I am interested in using Eclipse and WindowBuilder for designing forms.
I need to create an XML (or similar) based in the form that I build.

But I am having difficulties, as I expose in the next paragraphs:

My scenario is Eclipse Luna v4.4.2, WindowBuilder v1.7.0.r44x201405021554 .

1. I create a form and --in the Eclipse menu-- I go to File - Export... and select XML - XML Catalog and I complete the assistant.. but the XML resultant only has two lines, without something util:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"/>

2. The option Save as in the Eclipse menu has no option different to save as Java.

3. I read about XWT. I download it. But when I want to create a XWT project, I do not find this option.

I go to install it: Eclipse XWT and Eclipse XWT Workbench Integration v1.1.0.v20150608-1518, and restart Eclipse.

I see in a web page that XWT is a perspective, and it is needed to "Open the perspective" before create a project.

But when I go to Window - Open the perspective --after installing it and restart as mentioned some lines before--, the XWT is not in the list (as shown in the tutorial I read), although I do can find XML (but the result is the same).

If I try to install XWT for a second time, the installer says that it cannot be installed because it is already installed.
4. I read about XWT Visual Design Editor (VDE), where XWT stands for "XML Windowing Toolkit" [[ https://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/XWTDesigner ]] with "Support of XML edition with the code completion", but the info looks obsolete and I read that it is discontinued in favor of another utility [[ http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/plugins/eclipse-visualeditor.html ]].

The questions are:

1. Is it possible to save a form built with WindowBuilder as XML in Eclipse?

2. If it is needed XWT, what do I need to "use" it for saving a form built with WindowBuilder as XML?

3. Or do I need another scenario?

Thanks, friends.

HERNAN CANO M
Re: About WindowBuilder and XWT [message #1777207 is a reply to message #1751519] Mon, 27 November 2017 06:49 Go to previous message
Pavanesh Netrakar is currently offline Pavanesh NetrakarFriend
Hi Hernan,

I installed Windows builder on Eclipse Oxyegen 4.7.0 and it worked for me.
After creating a sample Java project. And then right clicking on the project New->Other will open a New (Select a Wizard Dialog).
In that dialog you can browse upto Window Builder->XWT and choose the right option.
I know its quite old question but I hope this reply will helps new visitor
Previous Topic:In XWT can we change the tab order?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:18:34 GMT 2024