Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE>
AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE> [message #1751291] Sat, 07 January 2017 07:04 Go to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hi there,

I'm just fooling around with an AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE> in a table and I'm wondering how I can get a display text based on VALUE.getName() shown in the corresponding column?

Is the getPlainText(ITableRow row) the right mehtod to override or is there something else I have to use?

Because overriding getPlainText() leaves the column/cells still empty.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Re: AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE> [message #1751339 is a reply to message #1751291] Mon, 09 January 2017 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias OtterbachFriend
The getPlainText() method is just provided for an alternative text representation of the value (e.g. for exports).

Basically for the AbstractBeanColumn it is expected to implement a custom java script rendering within the java script code. This creates a powerful solution to render practically every bean value.

For example to display the name attribute of your bean the java script column code could be similar to:

scout.ExampleBeanColumn = function() {
  scout.ExampleBeanColumn.parent.call(this);
};
scout.inherits(scout.ExampleBeanColumn, scout.BeanColumn);

scout.ExampleBeanColumn.prototype._renderValue = function($cell, value) {
  $cell.appendElement('<h1>')
    .text(value.name)
    .addClass('example-bean-name-attribute-css');
};
Re: AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE> [message #1751341 is a reply to message #1751339] Mon, 09 January 2017 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok. Thanks for the input. Since I don't have JavaScript knowledge I have to find a workaround Smile

What about setting the dsiplayable to false of the BeanColumn and add another String Column where I set the value of the corresponding bean?
Re: AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE> [message #1751349 is a reply to message #1751341] Mon, 09 January 2017 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Why not use an AbstractColumn<TYPE> and then use execDecorateCell() to call cell.setText()?
Re: AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE> [message #1751351 is a reply to message #1751349] Mon, 09 January 2017 10:16 Go to previous message

Good question. Will give that a try Smile
Previous Topic:[Blog Post] Business Applications on Blockchains: Eclipse Scout, Ethereum and web3j
Next Topic:[Scout 6.1] BrowserField
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:28:16 GMT 2024