Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » CycleViewHandler with E4 Parts & E3 Editors in the EditorArea
CycleViewHandler with E4 Parts & E3 Editors in the EditorArea [message #1751022] Tue, 03 January 2017 17:20 Go to next message
Felix Hirsch is currently offline Felix HirschFriend
Hi,

I'm working on a hybrid e3/e4 application with a Eclipse 4.6 targetdefinition.
In this application we mix our old E3 Views and Editors with some migrated E4 Parts.
It happens that we also have an E4 Part integrated into the editor area.

I have two problems with the CycleViewHandler (CTRL+F7):

1)
If this E4 Part is visible, and there are other E3 editors also present in the editor area the CycleViewHandler doesn't work any longer.

In this handler a NullPointerException (at org.eclipse.ui.internal.CycleViewHandler.lambda$1(CycleViewHandler.java:75)) is thrown during the traversal of all rendered parts in the current perspective. The reason is obvious: An E3 editor with the tag "Editor" is detected in the perspective and the algorithm assumes that there is also an "activeEditor" in the current page.

Unfortunately there is currently no active editor set, since the active part in the editor area is my E4 part which is not an editor.

Does anyone know a workaround or a fix for this issue? Is it worth to file a bug for this, i would say it is a bug?

2)
The labels of the table entries in the resulting shell of the CycleViewHandler of E4 Parts are not translated.

In the corresponding fragments the label refers via "%labelID" to a label in a corresonding plugin.properties file. All text entries for E4 parts are displayed in the form "%labelID" here while they are correct rendered in their CTabFolder. (E3 Part labels on the other site of the type "%labelID" are displayed correctly in the shell!)

I would say this is a bug. What do you think. A workaround could be to set the label programmatically in the contribution class of the MPart...

Thanks for your help!!

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2017 17:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CycleViewHandler with E4 Parts & E3 Editors in the EditorArea [message #1751025 is a reply to message #1751022] Tue, 03 January 2017 17:28 Go to previous message
Felix Hirsch is currently offline Felix HirschFriend
This issue might be related to the bug:

"Next/Previous View" commands don't include "Editor" any more
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=494655
Previous Topic:Unable to update Eclipse to Luna SR2
Next Topic:EModelService doesn't find the menu item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:38:36 GMT 2024