Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Something buggy with Eclipse console ...(glitches in output)
icon9.gif  Something buggy with Eclipse console ... [message #1750882] Sat, 31 December 2016 01:29 Go to next message
Marina Longnickel is currently offline Marina LongnickelFriend
For some reason, today in the middle of working on my project, Eclipse decided to stop outputting the first "print" statement, replacing it by a copy of whatever the following "print" was ...

the code is:

primes = open('C:/.../.txt','r').read()
primes = primes.split(',')

print("primes : ", primes)
sort = []
for i in range(10000): sort.append("".join(sorted(str(primes[i]))))

print("sort : ", sort)

the output now looks like:
index.php/fa/27989/0/

... Next, I added another "print" statement at the end, just to see what happens... The output is still doing something crazy ...
index.php/fa/27990/0/

I trying searching for whatever this problem might be, but couldn't find anything that was similar and/or I could understand (I'm pretty new at this game...)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how one might go about fixing this madness? ... I tried installing a brand new Eclipse version, but the problem persists ...
  • Attachment: wtf1.jpg
    (Size: 23.31KB, Downloaded 354 times)
  • Attachment: wtf2.jpg
    (Size: 45.08KB, Downloaded 426 times)
Re: Something buggy with Eclipse console ... [message #1750902 is a reply to message #1750882] Sun, 01 January 2017 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Have you made sure that running your application outside of Eclipse gives you the results you intended?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Something buggy with Eclipse console ... [message #1750903 is a reply to message #1750902] Sun, 01 January 2017 01:40 Go to previous message
Marina Longnickel is currently offline Marina LongnickelFriend
I just got help with the problem. It turned out that decreasing the number of primes in the list made the code run fine, so i guess it's some kind of issue with memory. Confused
I was advised to use Anaconda and Spyder instead as it's supposedly less buggy.
Previous Topic:Gradle plugin error
Next Topic:can I store two configuration based on OS type for a project in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:23:51 GMT 2024