Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » View initializing in dev mode but not after installation(Even for a wizard created view it's still not happening. Blank view after the plugin is packaged and installed.)
icon5.gif  View initializing in dev mode but not after installation [message #1750848] Thu, 29 December 2016 23:47
Max Yang is currently offline Max YangFriend
In dev mode:
https://s26.postimg.org/cx72x07eh/dev_mode.png

After it's packaged and installed:
https://s26.postimg.org/lthv0xy0p/installed.png

Why?

In Error Log I've seen different errors, sometimes no errors at opening the view.

The most recent error:
Exception occurred while unrendering: org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.basic.impl.PartImpl@673e76b3

One of the older errors I got stemmed from compatibility components and was reporting missing the swing2swt.layout.BorderLayout. But Eclipse automatically added swing2swt.jar to the project and packaged it into the plugin jar, already.

And sometimes there is no error. I assume it's cache in effect.

And the first error I mentioned always occur when closing the empty view.

Help please!

EDIT
More info

I'm developing in Neon.1a and the target platform is Luna. However it's always like this before I even learned about target platform and created a target definition, meaning it's always like this even if it's installed into an existing Neon.1a environment. Frustrating. Must be something small but I have spent days trying to fix it without any progress.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 December 2016 23:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Can I use the latest PDE to develop plugins targeted for an earlier version of Eclipse?
Next Topic:Refactoring History not saved - Variable/Function rename in CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 20:27:04 GMT 2024