Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Is it possible to drag a window/view out of workbench if the application is written in JavaFX?
Is it possible to drag a window/view out of workbench if the application is written in JavaFX? [message #1750754] Wed, 28 December 2016 07:00 Go to next message
Fred Wang is currently offline Fred WangFriend
Hi guys, I'm new to JavaFX and e(fx)clipse. I just created an e4 application in pure JavaFX. The drag and drop feature works pretty well. However I found that I can drag a window/view out of the workbench of my application. So I'm wondering, is it possible to make dragging window/view out of workbench possible? Thanks. Smile
Re: Is it possible to drag a window/view out of workbench if the application is written in JavaFX? [message #1750762 is a reply to message #1750754] Wed, 28 December 2016 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
AFAIK this feature has not been implemented yet.
Re: Is it possible to drag a window/view out of workbench if the application is written in JavaFX? [message #1750785 is a reply to message #1750754] Wed, 28 December 2016 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
The current release does not support this but the latest nightly from head does if you start with -Ddetachdrag.enabled=true

The reason you need to turn this explicitly is that we are then NOT use standard JavaFX-DnD but emulate the DnD-Feedback and Drop-Target-Detection so it has a slightly different behavior.
Re: Is it possible to drag a window/view out of workbench if the application is written in JavaFX? [message #1750790 is a reply to message #1750785] Thu, 29 December 2016 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fred Wang is currently offline Fred WangFriend
Thank you, Thomas. Will this feature be included into next release?

Thomas Schindl wrote on Wed, 28 December 2016 18:55
The current release does not support this but the latest nightly from head does if you start with -Ddetachdrag.enabled=true

The reason you need to turn this explicitly is that we are then NOT use standard JavaFX-DnD but emulate the DnD-Feedback and Drop-Target-Detection so it has a slightly different behavior.

Re: Is it possible to drag a window/view out of workbench if the application is written in JavaFX? [message #1750802 is a reply to message #1750790] Thu, 29 December 2016 08:02 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
It is also available in the 2.x branch because we got sponsored to implement it, we'll release 2.x in January
Previous Topic:Extension org.eclipse.fx.osgi doesn't load wit "custom" target platform
Next Topic:tycho build of e(fx)clipse product failed due to missing requirements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:12:27 GMT 2024