Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » NPE from RcpttRapLaunchDelegate(I'm getting a NPE when trying to launch RAP AUT)
NPE from RcpttRapLaunchDelegate [message #1750159] Fri, 16 December 2016 14:29 Go to next message
Andre Popa is currently offline Andre PopaFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to test my RAP application with the RCPTT 2.2 with RAP support.
I have more than 1 version for my app. I managed to launch a RAP AUT successfully for 1 version, but for all the others I get this :
Quote:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.rcptt.launching.rap.RcpttRapLaunchDelegate.launch(RcpttRapLaunchDelegate.java:153)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:885)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1256)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I think maybe is because of the configuration files for my app, or the directory structure.
If so, what are the required items for a RAP AUT launch config? Can I adapt them so that it accepts my directory structure ?

w7
rcptt 2.2
jre1.8.0
Re: NPE from RcpttRapLaunchDelegate [message #1750172 is a reply to message #1750159] Fri, 16 December 2016 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artem Kovalev is currently offline Artem KovalevFriend
Hi Andre,

This problem happens in RCPTT IDE or Runner(maven plugin) ?

What version of RAP you use?

Quote:
I think maybe is because of the configuration files for my app, or the directory structure.

Can you provide more information about configuration and dir. srructure.

Thanks Artem

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2016 17:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NPE from RcpttRapLaunchDelegate [message #1750364 is a reply to message #1750172] Tue, 20 December 2016 12:03 Go to previous message
Andre Popa is currently offline Andre PopaFriend
Hi,
I use Eclipse for RAP & RCP on which I added the RCPTT 2.2
The app is built on RAP 3.1.1.
I have the directory structure that is by default requested by the RAP AUT : WEB-INF directory which contains plugins and configuration for the RAP app.
The problem is I installed on my linux machine and everything works fine, but when I do take the same steps on a w7 machine I get that error.
Also I get that error when I try to test the new version of the app which has a different directory structrue : all the webserver has been moved in another directory named "server" which also has the RCP client server (I have both RAP and RCP versions for the app).
Previous Topic:RCPTT RAP testing with a deployed application
Next Topic:Explicit refresh with F5 key doesn't work in diagram and table editors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:10:40 GMT 2024