Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Connecting to multiple different repositories using CDOViewSet and CDOXATransaction
[CDO] Connecting to multiple different repositories using CDOViewSet and CDOXATransaction [message #1749685] Fri, 09 December 2016 15:48 Go to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

I was trying to have two CDOTransactions on two different repositories with a single ResourceSet, in order to have one repository in Audit mode. I looked into this FAQ and the JUnit org.eclipse.emf.cdo.tests.ExternalReferenceTest.testManyViewsOnOneResourceSet(). This test is disabled for Postgresql (Bug 290097), however I could not make it pass on a different store without having an EOFException (see stack trace in attachment).
My goal is to check the possibility to have a reference from an object of one repository to an object of the other repository (see the JUnit in attachment). I also tested in a java main that connected to a server on an H2 database and ended with the same issue.

I tested in CDO 4.4. Did I missed something? Does this functionnality has issues even in other stores than Postgresql?

Thank you in advance for any tips.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: [CDO] Connecting to multiple different repositories using CDOViewSet and CDOXATransaction [message #1749986 is a reply to message #1749685] Wed, 14 December 2016 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay!

ExternalReferenceTest.testManyViewsOnOneResourceSet() passes for DBStore/H2 and for MEMStore. I don't know why it does not pass with DBStore/PostgreSQL because setting up Postgres on my Windows box was too complicated in the past. Per Sterner is currently working on making that easier and, in particular, executing the entire CDO test suite with Postgres in Hudson. Maybe he has an idea, what's going on. I'll ask him to have a look...

BTW. I can not comment on CDO 4.4 because that's not maintained anymore.

Re: [CDO] Connecting to multiple different repositories using CDOViewSet and CDOXATransaction [message #1749987 is a reply to message #1749685] Wed, 14 December 2016 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Also note that you can have these "external references" between two different CDO repositories without using XA transactions. You'd just commit separately to the two repos.

Re: [CDO] Connecting to multiple different repositories using CDOViewSet and CDOXATransaction [message #1750051 is a reply to message #1749987] Thu, 15 December 2016 13:40 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello Eike,

Thanks for your answers. Indeed the XA Transactions was not required but it seemed handy and I wanted to try it as well Smile

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Runtime exception: Feature 'owner' is not a valid changeable feature
Next Topic:[EMF] Reusable Annotations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:18:06 GMT 2024