Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » References in workspace returns methods with same names in other classes(References in workspace returns methods with same names in other classes)
References in workspace returns methods with same names in other classes [message #1749569] Thu, 08 December 2016 09:11 Go to next message
Toine Siebelink is currently offline Toine SiebelinkFriend
References in workspace (Ctrl+Shift+G) returns methods with the same name in other classes, I assumed it should only return references to the selected method on the selected interface(class). Normally this is not a problem but when the method has a very common name e.g. "getName" it really becomes an issue.

Is this the expected behavior, can I modify it using a setting or is there a different approach to only find references to the selected interface+method
?

Currently I am using eclipse Neon, see below, but I think I also saw this issue in previous eclipse versions.

"Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Version: Neon.1a Release (4.6.1)
Build id: 20161007-1200"
Re: References in workspace returns methods with same names in other classes [message #1749611 is a reply to message #1749569] Thu, 08 December 2016 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You'll want to tell it to filter out potential matches from the Search view's local menu:

http://i.imgur.com/wvJ1Z14.png

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: References in workspace returns methods with same names in other classes [message #1749667 is a reply to message #1749611] Fri, 09 December 2016 10:42 Go to previous message
Toine Siebelink is currently offline Toine SiebelinkFriend
Thanks, that did teh trick!
(I never noticed those filter options before Rolling Eyes )
Previous Topic:Creating project error!
Next Topic:Why is Eclipse such a piece of crap?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:19:22 GMT 2024