Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Strange navigation "hang" when expanding directories in SVN Repository Exploring view
Strange navigation "hang" when expanding directories in SVN Repository Exploring view [message #1749352] Mon, 05 December 2016 18:55 Go to next message
Aaron Schooler is currently offline Aaron SchoolerFriend
I cannot find anything online regarding my specific issue. No one else in the office experiences this...

In the SVN Repository Exploring view, I have several repositories present. In any of them, if I click to expand a directory, about 1 out of every 3 tries, the explorer tree just locks up at the moment I double click to expand. It will hang here indefinitely, I believe. Eclipse itself does not lock up. I can still maneuver away to a different view or otherwise.

This is where it gets interesting. This "hang" unlocks and continues as normal if I maneuver my mouse outside of the left-hand project explorer ("SVN Repositories tab"). For example, once it hangs, I can move the mouse to the right frame, to the console frame, or even to the top menu of Eclipse, and suddenly, the directory will expand like nothing had never happened.

Anybody else experience this? Interestingly enough, this is occurring to me in both Luna and Neon versions of Eclipse.
Re: Strange navigation "hang" when expanding directories in SVN Repository Exploring view [message #1750841 is a reply to message #1749352] Thu, 29 December 2016 19:48 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
That is something I haven't seen even once in all the years while working on/with Subversive and Eclipse. If possible, you can try to collect some debug info in any of the ways described here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock

Although I doubt it will be possible to do so, since you're telling it is unlocked the moment the view loses focus. Also since Subversive does not handle hover events, most likely the issue is related to Eclipse UI.
Previous Topic:Merge menu item in Team sync view?
Next Topic:Connector discovery dialog showing too early
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:20:43 GMT 2024