Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Cross-reference not found(Acceleo standalone cannot find the cross-referenced element)
Cross-reference not found [message #1749016] Thu, 01 December 2016 08:18 Go to next message
dat NGUYEN is currently offline dat NGUYENFriend
Hi, i'm creating a tool to transform model AADL to Mast. The problem is the model AADL always refers the elements in different projects by relative URI like href="../../Plugin_Resourses/Predeclared_Property_Sets/Timing_Properties.aadl" and Acceleo standalone does n't find the element referenced.
How can i do?
Re: Cross-reference not found [message #1749124 is a reply to message #1749016] Fri, 02 December 2016 07:29 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

This is a very old problem. Acceleo creates references while running within Eclipse where platform:/resource, platform:/plugin form a convenient virtual location at which disparate projects paths are normalized. Unfortunately Acceleo does not recreate the same environment when they are resolved standalone.

If your problem is simple enough and predictable enough you may be able to adjust the startup code to fixup the resolution.

Or you could write a tool to adjust the references.

Or you could use OCL's StandaloneProjectMap that recreates the Eclipse environment in a standalone environment.

Or, like me, you can rewrite all your Acceleo templates in a hybrid of Xtend/Java. The ability to use Java within and around your templates is very helpful. NB Xtend no longer claims to be an M2T tool since the String Template that facilitates M2T is just one of many Java++ features.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:M2T transformation (UML2XML)
Next Topic:Best Java generation tool from UML in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:30:00 GMT 2024