Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT 4.6: hide master page section after page 1
BIRT 4.6: hide master page section after page 1 [message #1748858] Tue, 29 November 2016 12:11
Marco Westermann is currently offline Marco WestermannFriend
Hi,

I try to design a report for one of our customers. But I cannot get it completely to work.

I try to explain the story so one can follow.

The report is an invoice with a header (address etc.) and positions. the header can be subdivided to the following sections:

address
order data like order id, order date etc.

Now the customer also wants the page number / total page count in the header section where the order data is shown.

therefor I added a html text with the following expression:
<viewtime-value-of>
pageNumber
</viewtime-value-of>

The problem is, this only works for html output. If I output that to pdf it always shows page 1/1

That is why I added the header sections to the master page. There I can show the correct page numbers in the order data section.

But now the second problem arises. The customer wants the address section only on the first page. But I cannot get it to work to hide it on pageNumber > 1. I tried the following

1. on the grid row hide the row if (pageNumber > 1)
2: on the render method of the row:
if (pageNumber > 1) this.getStyle().display = "none"

but this again only works for html output - not pdf

3. use a custom variable with init value of false and set its value to true on the page end event. Use that variable in the visibility expression on the row. This also doesn't work. In the master page variables doesn't seem to work. The variable alway has the initial value.

Any further ideas how to solve my problem? As I can read in other threads and forums people have problems with that kind of tasks over several birt versions. Would be nice if there would be a recipe for that.

best regards,
Marco Westermann

Previous Topic:Title page without header and footer
Next Topic:Birt Designer 4.6.0 dosen't show prefences for my eclipse plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:31:32 GMT 2024