Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Binary Not Found AND Errors exist in the active configuration AND strange output...(Problems and problems and problems)
Binary Not Found AND Errors exist in the active configuration AND strange output... [message #1748663] Sat, 26 November 2016 02:36 Go to next message
Matheus Araujo is currently offline Matheus AraujoFriend
This is the first time that I'm using Eclipse CDT.

1st problem: Launch Failed. Binary not found.
I've tried the following solutions, but it didn't work:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/824895/

After some time and close-relaunch Eclipse, finally the project begun to work (and I can't figure out why the 'binary not found' problem was gone).

2nd problem: everytime that a project run correctly, the message "Errors exist in the active configuration of project X. Proceed with launch?" appears. I hit Proceed and the project run fine...

But in another code (and this code worked fine in CodeBlocks), there's a
3rd problem: strange output in Eclipse, but perfect output in CodeBlocks.
While I expected the program to ask the user to enter the value of a radius and then evaluate the volume of a sphere (and CodeBlocks did it), the console in Eclipse stay empty... then I typed in the console area and the volume was calculated (as show in the images below in the second message in this topic). But the user is not supposed to know that he should type the value of a radius if the program don't ask him, right?

4 problem: after close and relaunch Eclipse, the binary not found problem came back... Now sometimes I have the binary not found problem and sometimes the Errors exist in the active configuration of project X. Proceed with launch?"problem... And the output keep strange.

Thanks for any help!
Re: Binary Not Found AND Errors exist in the active configuration AND strange output... [message #1748702 is a reply to message #1748663] Sun, 27 November 2016 11:26 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
1) binary not found

There are a number of reasons for this.
- in some cases, the compiler couldn't be found
- the binary was never generated
- a launch configuration wasn't created
- other things I can't think of at the moment.

You need to supply more details:
- language C or C++
- the OS (presumably Windows)
- if Windows, are you using MinGW ir cygwin?
- Eclipse and CDT versions
- when the error occurs (during build; after build; etc)

2) depends on what the errors are and whether there is the possibility of an old executable
Again, more details needed

3) the stdout is buffered in some systems;
How to get around this depends on whether you are using iostreams (cout << "text") vs. fstreams (print "text")
In either, you can flush the output after the prompt or autoflush the output.

a) for fstreams, flush with fflush(stdout); or
do setvbuf(stdout, NULL, _IOLBF, 0); to autoflush

b) for iostreams, flush with std::ostream::flush (http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ostream/ostream/flush/)
std::endl flushes the output buffer after inserting a newline
there is an equivalent autoflush capability for cout but I'm too lazy to look it up

4) Again, not enough information. The "Errors exist .." might mean that the executable isn't being generated.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 November 2016 15:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with debugging in Eclipse.
Next Topic:arduino defintion problem (mega2560 && mega644) problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:06:15 GMT 2024