Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to operate Packages.java.lang.System.out.println()?
How to operate Packages.java.lang.System.out.println()? [message #1748657] Fri, 25 November 2016 18:45
stephane Girard is currently offline stephane GirardFriend
Hello,

When validating a parameter I have read here that it is possible to use the command Packages.java.lang.System.out.println in order to have an explicit error message during a parameter validation.

Ex. of this instruction : Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("Error, value of param is not '1'")

I tried to use this statement in the script validate parameter and it's as if I had not used this statement.

What should I write as a statement and where for see the error message corresponding to the validation of the parameter in error?

In the link I mentioned above it is mentioned to modify the web viewer, is it necessary to use this instruction and if so what is this modification? We also talk about using an external parameter page, what is that? And finally it is mentioned to pass the result in the web viewer, we do this how?

I did a search on this instruction and I came across this. It explains that the result falls on the console of Eclipse. Is this instruction limited to the console?

Thank you in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2016 18:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Why under Remedy 9.1 this gives a blank report when the validate of a parameter is true?
Next Topic:How to create a chart with one data record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 11:08:36 GMT 2024