Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Element Based Edge Not show the line(I need to create an element based edge, but I don't know why not found)
icon4.gif  Element Based Edge Not show the line [message #1748312] Tue, 22 November 2016 03:43 Go to next message
David Piedra is currently offline David PiedraFriend
Hello, I need represents an element based edge, I have my diagram and properties. However I don't know how I have to create a reference.

I have an structuralRelationship and Features. I need to connect two features.

This is my diagram:

index.php/fa/27660/0/

StructuralRelationship is an element, and have the property: from (Feature) and to (Feature). The Feature has two properties, they are childs and parent; both have to be StructuralRelationship type.

It means if I connect Feature A and Feature B, properties are:

Feature A:
childs: StructuralRelationship
parent: None

Feature B:
childs: None
parent: StructuralRelationship

RelationShip:
to: Feature B

This are my line to connect:

index.php/fa/27661/0/

and this is my line creation:
index.php/fa/27662/0/

I need to create an element based edge, but this not found, I can't draw the line. Help please.

• Attachment: 1_001.png
    (Size: 24.66KB, Downloaded 1135 times)
  • Attachment: 2.png
    (Size: 44.36KB, Downloaded 1101 times)
  • Attachment: 3.png
    (Size: 32.57KB, Downloaded 1106 times)
Re: Element Based Edge Not show the line [message #1748449 is a reply to message #1748312] Wed, 23 November 2016 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi,

In your post, you seems have 2 problems. I'm not sure to understand if you don't succeed to display edge or if you don't succeed to create new Edges.

Have you relationships in your semantic model? If yes these relationships should be displayed in graphical representation.

I join you an example that works and look like your example.

Regards,
Re: Element Based Edge Not show the line [message #1748582 is a reply to message #1748449] Thu, 24 November 2016 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much. I can create and show and element based edge. I have a question. When I save the model, I can show this message:

The object 'feature_Model.impl.StructuralRelationshipImpl@4de42e12 (lowerBound: 0, upperBound: 1)' is not contained in a resource.

What is the problem?

I can create an instance, but the line don't show me any properties. The StructuralRelationship has two attributes: lowerBound and upperBound.

index.php/fa/27696/0/

Thanks
  • Attachment: sirius.jpg
    (Size: 133.99KB, Downloaded 1022 times)
Re: Element Based Edge Not show the line [message #1748643 is a reply to message #1748582] Fri, 25 November 2016 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi,

Could you verify in your semantic model, these properties 'lowerbound' and 'upperbound' are present?

If there are not present, this probably problem from your metamodel or generation of genmodel.

Regards,
Re: Element Based Edge Not show the line [message #1748880 is a reply to message #1748643] Tue, 29 November 2016 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've tried to draw the lines, but I don't know what is the problem.

When I create a line using my .xmi file, there is no problem, the line draw very well. However when I try to draw with a click, the line draw, but with a red cross in the center, without options and when I press to save the project It show me an error:

!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: The object 'feature_Model.impl.StructuralRelationshipImpl@76358218 (lowerBound: 0, upperBound: 1)' is not contained in a resource.

I think the error is in the creation, because when I draw it from my .xmi file it is fine. I am creating the line:

index.php/fa/27724/0/

mapping StructuralRelationship, -> begin, new change context -> var:source -> create new instance -> referenceName: childs, new set -> from: var:source -> new set -> to: var: target. I don't know what is te problem, please help me.

index.php/fa/27725/0/
Thanks,

• Attachment: 1-a.png
    (Size: 23.73KB, Downloaded 1003 times)
  • Attachment: 2-a.png
    (Size: 29.67KB, Downloaded 1016 times)
Re: Element Based Edge Not show the line [message #1751221 is a reply to message #1748880] Thu, 05 January 2017 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonny selhorst is currently offline sonny selhorstFriend
Hey David, I want to do something similar to what you have in your diagram. Would it be possible to connect?

My e-mail is selhorstsonny@gmail.com.

Thanks Smile
Re: Element Based Edge Not show the line [message #1807483 is a reply to message #1751221] Thu, 30 May 2019 21:40 Go to previous message
Jai M is currently offline Jai MFriend
Thank you very much Juilen!! The detailed examples of your project helped me successfully create element based edge relations.

Really appreciate your help :)
Previous Topic:Double Click operation on cross table
Next Topic:Custom ELK algorithm with Sirius in Custom Eclipse IDE strange behavior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:01:05 GMT 2024