Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model
[EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747383] Mon, 14 November 2016 09:02 Go to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello
I have a problem with comparison please see bellow for details :

My configuration : egit, papyrus, and emf ecompare (with model comparison - Egit, UML2 and Papyrus support)

My workspace :
project1\Model.uml
project1\Model.notation
project1\Model.di
profileProject\profile.uml
profileProject\profile.notation
profileProject\profile.di

I have one local branch on git

I made some modifications on Model.uml,
I double click on Model.uml in git staging view
I enable Compare mode in Git Tree Compare
I double click On Model.uml

>> I got errors : Problems occured while loading resources from the right side
>>> FileNotFoundException : ..\profileProject\profile.uml

I have the same problem if the profile is contained in the same project

Do i forget something ?

Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747385 is a reply to message #1747383] Mon, 14 November 2016 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
To do the test could you send us the version number of plugin that you use.
thanks
Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747386 is a reply to message #1747385] Mon, 14 November 2016 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry
org.eclipse.papyrus.rcp.product 2.0.1.201610050946
org.eclipse.emf.compare.egit.feature.group : 1.1.1.201608311750
org.eclipse.emf.compare.diagram.papyrus.feature.group 3.2.1.201608311750
org.eclipse.emf.compare.uml2.feature.group 3.2.1.201608311750

Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747436 is a reply to message #1747386] Mon, 14 November 2016 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hi,
I am not able to reproduce this behavior. Could you add please some precisions:
1/ on the locations of model resources. Are the two model already on the remote git repository or brand new in the branch?
2/ on the manipulation operation? (The operations i did : I added to create a new class and add a stereotype, created a class diagram with these modifications)

Thanks.
Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747437 is a reply to message #1747436] Mon, 14 November 2016 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1/ they are not on the remote but are located in the local git repository
--> I have a remote repository
--> I have created a local branch named papyrus
--> I have added papyrus projects and models inside this branch -> commit
--> I have created a new branch, made my modifications, compare before commit, the errors mentioned
2/ I create a class and rename a use case

Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747487 is a reply to message #1747437] Tue, 15 November 2016 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Langer is currently offline Philip LangerFriend

Hi Tristan,

you don't seem to use the special "collaborative modeling" builds of EGit and EMF Compare, right?

I recommend to install the features from the update-sites of the integration builds of EMF Compare and EGit listed collaborative-modeling.org and apply the preference setting as described in the section "Documentation" on the collaborative-modeling.org page. With those builds and the mentioned settings, the resolution of referenced models on the remote side should work. With the normal releases of EGit, this won't work and EMF Compare will always get the workspace version of the resolved models that are referenced from the model that you intended to compare, because in the official release of EGit, this mechanism (so called "logical model" support) is not fully implemented yet.

Moreover, comparisons started from the Git staging view is not well supported yet unfortunately, due to difficult extensibility of the Staging view. I'd recommend to start the comparison by right-clicking on the Papyrus model and open compare-with HEAD revision. When starting the comparison like that, the resolution of all referenced models should work as expected.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/

--
Philip Langer

Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747498 is a reply to message #1747487] Tue, 15 November 2016 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I will try. Nevertheless even it fixes my problem it will still an issue for my current experimentation of Papyrus which shall rely on released update sites.

When these modifications will be available on main stream ?

Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1747516 is a reply to message #1747498] Tue, 15 November 2016 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The necessary changes in EMF Compare are all already integrated into the mainstream release (EMF Compare 3.3). However, there are a few EGit changes pending to be merged into EGit master (and one change is particularly crucial). We hope that they'll be integrated within the next couple of weeks. In any case, I expect it to be part of EGit 5.0, which will be released with Oxygen (end of June 2017).

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

--
Philip Langer

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2016 15:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1749080 is a reply to message #1747516] Thu, 01 December 2016 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Philip LangerFriend, I've tested on the Papyrus 2.0.2 what you suggested, compare with features works well.

But I've noticed that some time when I want to rebase (small modifications, on a small model with several submodels) a branch my job is very very long (to be honest I always kill it), does somebody experienced it ? (the compare works well)

Re: [EGit] Comparison problem with profiled model [message #1749130 is a reply to message #1749080] Fri, 02 December 2016 08:26 Go to previous message

Hi Tristan,

good that it works well.

Regarding the long-running job... what exactly do you mean with long?

There are a few tweaks you could try in the preferences. E.g., do you use the Scalable Conflict Detector (I'd recommend this one over the default)? If you know that your model does not reference anything outside of its own project, you could set the model resolution scope to Project instead of workspace.

Hope this helps,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

--
Philip Langer

Previous Topic:Headers of Sysml Diagram
Next Topic:MARTE ClientServerPort in Papyrus