Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Setting the EClass of a Metamodel Type configuration?
Setting the EClass of a Metamodel Type configuration? [message #1747327] Sat, 12 November 2016 08:57 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
When creating a Metamodel type configuration I can't set the EClass property since the drop down doesn't contain anything. I guess I need to populate it somehow but how?
Re: Setting the EClass of a Metamodel Type configuration? [message #1747390 is a reply to message #1747327] Mon, 14 November 2016 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi
I do not understand you question. Normally, in a model of element type configuration, a element type has a reference to a metaclass or maybe you reference a specalization Type configuration.
See in this image an example for abstraction of element type.
index.php/fa/27574/0/
Re: Setting the EClass of a Metamodel Type configuration? [message #1747395 is a reply to message #1747390] Mon, 14 November 2016 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi,

It is that reference to a meta class I'm trying to set.
If I create a new elementtypesetconfiguration and add a Metamodel Type Configuration as shown in the attache image drop down is empty so I can't select anything. I hope this clarifies my issue, sorry for being vague.

index.php/fa/27575/0/

Re: Setting the EClass of a Metamodel Type configuration? [message #1747964 is a reply to message #1747395] Thu, 17 November 2016 10:30 Go to previous message
Martin Fleck is currently offline Martin FleckFriend
Hi Patrik,

I managed to reproduce your problem. It seems that the issue is that no EClass is available in the resource set and therefore you cannot select any in the dropdown menu.

Unfortunately, the 'ElementTypesConfiguration Model Editor' only allows you to load local resources (Right click > Load Resource), so importing UML or Ecore cannot be done directly. However, if you open the model with the 'Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor' you can also load registered packages (Right click > Load Resource > Browse Registered Packages). As soon as you load resources with EClass elements into the resource set, you should be able to also select them in the dropdown menu.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Martin

--
Martin Fleck

Get professional Eclipse developer support from EclipseSource (see our webpage)
Previous Topic:Papyrus\CDO collaborative work
Next Topic:Editing the values of a composite association from Stereotype to class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 23:01:06 GMT 2024