Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Closing a Frame
Closing a Frame [message #1747024] Tue, 08 November 2016 15:47 Go to next message
Marcel Schramm is currently offline Marcel SchrammFriend
Hello,

I have an Applications that uses multiple frames and i am trying to close the active frame. I have already tried sending a 'External Key Combination' and a 'Key Combination' (alt + F4). Sorry if i don't provide enough information, i don't know what else is important.

greetings Marcel
Re: Closing a Frame [message #1747071 is a reply to message #1747024] Wed, 09 November 2016 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Hein is currently offline Marcel HeinFriend
Hi Marcel,

could you provide a screenshot of your running Application? Does the active frame you are trying to close have the focus? And which ui toolkit is your aut using, as you talk about frames I assume swing?

Greetings,

Marcel
Re: Closing a Frame [message #1747092 is a reply to message #1747071] Wed, 09 November 2016 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Yes, you were right, i am using Swing.

index.php/fa/27538/0/

That is my Frame and yes, it has focus.
Also, sending the external key combination was successful, it is just that nothing happend.

greetings Marcel
Re: Closing a Frame [message #1747235 is a reply to message #1747092] Fri, 11 November 2016 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Marcel,

Just a silly question - if you manually send alt+f4, does the window close?

If alt+f4 isn't working, you can try using File-Close via the menu. At this point though, I'd be interested in knowing why you want to close the window. It looks like this is the only application window and so closing it would close the application - is that correct? If so, can you tell us why you want to close it (during a headless run, the application is closed at the end of the test anyway, and we have "restart" actions to restart the application during a test).

Bestr regards,
Alex
Re: Closing a Frame [message #1747240 is a reply to message #1747235] Fri, 11 November 2016 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Yes, sending it manually works fine, that's why i was wondering that it doesn't work.
About closing it over the file menu ... there is no 'exit' and the window isn't the only one, there is one that is minimized which will come back to the foreground as soon as the Gantt window closes.

greetings marcel
Re: Closing a Frame [message #1747254 is a reply to message #1747240] Fri, 11 November 2016 10:01 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Marcel,

I just tried this on Windows 10 with a Swing AUT and for me sending ALT + F4 works correctly. To send the combination I used the "ub_app_pressAnyKeyCombination_ALT" referenced test case of the concrete unbound modules and entered "F4" as value for the BASE_KEY-Parameter.

If this is not working for you there is another way to achieve closing a window on Windows. To do so you can try to send the key combination ALT + SPACE which opens the context menu of the application's header bar. Then you could send a "C" or alternatively press five times the down arrow key and hit enter.

Best regards,
Kevin
Previous Topic:Name Mapping Error
Next Topic:Split a Project in multiple Projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:51:00 GMT 2024