Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unable to add com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver drivers in new DataSource(Unable to add com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver drivers in new DataSource Eclipse)
Unable to add com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver drivers in new DataSource [message #1746937] Mon, 07 November 2016 21:07 Go to next message
Narendra reddy is currently offline Narendra reddyFriend
HI,

I have executed a sample birt example. and I am trying to implement with my project to connect microsoft sql server. I cannot see the drivers.

I am unable to add Unable to add com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver drivers in new DataSource Eclipse.

Please help. much appriciated.

Thanks
Re: Unable to add com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver drivers in new DataSource [message #1748082 is a reply to message #1746937] Fri, 18 November 2016 11:11 Go to previous message
Devpriyo Bhattacharya is currently offline Devpriyo BhattacharyaFriend
Narendra reddy wrote on Tue, 08 November 2016 02:37
HI,

I have executed a sample birt example. and I am trying to implement with my project to connect microsoft sql server. I cannot see the drivers.

I am unable to add Unable to add com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver drivers in new DataSource Eclipse.

Please help. much appriciated.

Thanks

Why are you unable ?

The general steps are as follows:

Download sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar files from the internet and place there somewhere on your drive.

Create a new datasource connection with following details:
Database URL: jdbc:sqlserver://<DatabaseServerIP>:<DatabaseServerPortNo.>;databaseName=<YourDatabaseName>
Driver Class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
Give Username and Password in the respective fields.

While doing the above, at some point, you will have to point to the downloaded.jar file.

Best Regards
Previous Topic:BIRT v4.6 - Create a Dynamic Dataset Query Based on Parameter Inputs ?
Next Topic:PDF grid invisible on print
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 22:58:46 GMT 2024