Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0?(What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0?)
icon5.gif  [EMF Forms] What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0? [message #1746295] Wed, 26 October 2016 14:43 Go to next message
Uwe Sander is currently offline Uwe SanderFriend
Hi,

I noticed there is no JavaFX renderer in the EMF Forms target platform for version 1.8 or higher. The FX bundles can be still found in the Git repo and the EMF Forms website mentions JavaFX as a supported UI toolkit so I'm wondering why it was dropped from the target platform after version 1.7.2? I could not find any related announcement.

Thanks,
Uwe

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2016 07:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF Forms] What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0? [message #1746342 is a reply to message #1746295] Thu, 27 October 2016 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Uwe,
We removed the bundles from the release, as we don't have the capacity to keep them up-to-date. Tom Schindl is very actively developing the integration of JavaFX with Eclipse and this results in changes. Also we are doing some refactoring in emfforms in order to prepare the 2.0.0 release.
Furthermore we never got any feedback on or saw any interest in the JavaFX renderer.

We are happy to accept contributions or get sponsored development on this. Because of this lack of interest (as far as we could see it) we silently dropped the bundles from the release.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0? [message #1746345 is a reply to message #1746342] Thu, 27 October 2016 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe Sander is currently offline Uwe SanderFriend
Hi Eugen,

thanks for the update. I can see why you decided to stop investing resources into the further development of the JavaFX renderer.
It might be worthwhile to update the documentation on the EMF Forms website as the chapter "Using the JavaFX Renderer" suggests (to new users at least) one could use this feature with the latest version of EMF Forms.

Thanks,
Uwe
Re: [EMF Forms] What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0? [message #1746399 is a reply to message #1746345] Fri, 28 October 2016 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Uwe,
good point. We will do this asap.

Thank you.
Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Re: [EMF Forms] What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0? [message #1787196 is a reply to message #1746399] Mon, 21 May 2018 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Gencarelle is currently offline Benjamin GencarelleFriend
Two years later and the tutorial still shows JavaFX...
Re: [EMF Forms] What happened to the JavaFX renderer between version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0? [message #1787520 is a reply to message #1787196] Mon, 28 May 2018 07:29 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi,

thanks for pointing this out. I have just rephrased the section. Kindly let me know, if there is a specific place in the tutorial, that we might have missed.

best regards,
Jonas

--
Jonas Helming

--
Jonas Helming
Previous Topic:[EMF FORMS]Dead loop for 'TreeMasterDetailSWTRenderer'
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] Generic Editor and RAP