Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » splash.bmp(Splash location from different plugin)
splash.bmp [message #1746226] Tue, 25 October 2016 15:17
Mateusz Malinowski is currently offline Mateusz MalinowskiFriend
Hi all,

I have a problem in loading different splash screen using the product's splash tab. Here is my setup:
1) multiple plugin and feature projects
2) core plugin provides that product file and Application.e4xmi file
3) other plugins which contribute to the UI provide fragments, etc.

So in this standard setup I can just launch my application using product file. However, now, I want to define a new product that will use a different set of features. So what I do:
1) create a new plugin & feature
2) in the new plugin I create a fragment file as I will, again, contribute to the main Application.e4xmi
3) in the new plugin I create a new product file that uses different set of features. I point it to my core plugin's product so it can load the correct Application.e4xmi and then merge fragments from all contributing plugins / features.
4) in the new product file I go to Splash tab and set it to use Splash.bmp from this new plugin. Result? The original splash screen is loaded (the one which I use for product from core plugin).

I read that some people suggest setting osgi.splashPath property, so my questions are:
1) is this still mandatory? 3 years ago there was similar post on RCP forum, but no one answered to it: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1062443/?srch=splash#msg_1062443
2) if so, why Splash tab in the product file exists if it has no impact on the splash?

Eclipse details:
Version: Neon.1a Release (4.6.1)
Build id: 20161007-1200

Many thanks,
Mateusz
Previous Topic:Launch e4 RCP application by code?
Next Topic:Core expression to hide toolbar and menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:37:54 GMT 2024