Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus displaying property like association
Papyrus displaying property like association [message #1745919] Wed, 19 October 2016 10:26 Go to next message
Leonid Ripeynih is currently offline Leonid RipeynihFriend
Hello, Papyrus community!

I'm working on a project that includes migration from IBM RSA to Papyrus.

There is two ways of specifying a 'property' in a Class referencing another Class:
- by creating Association
- by setting type of a Property to another class

In RSA when you do the later, it still displays a line between a Class that owns a property and a target class.
In Papyrus I only managed to get the line drawn by using association.

Is there a way to still draw a line (without adding additional stuff in UML model like Usage or Dependency) between the a Class that owns a property and a target class?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Papyrus displaying property like association [message #1745926 is a reply to message #1745919] Wed, 19 October 2016 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Cigehn is currently offline Peter CigehnFriend
This seem to be the same kind of issue as identified in this forum post.

And according to the response the support for "references", i.e. ordinary properties, displayed using the association notation is missing in Papyrus. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=444605

/Peter Cigéhn
Re: Papyrus displaying property like association [message #1745933 is a reply to message #1745926] Wed, 19 October 2016 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

If you have votes, you can always vote for the bug to be fixed, although I am unsure if the Papyrus team looks at votes...

/Charles Rivet
Re: Papyrus displaying property like association [message #1746026 is a reply to message #1745933] Thu, 20 October 2016 15:52 Go to previous message
Leonid Ripeynih is currently offline Leonid RipeynihFriend
I have voted for this bug.
I would appreciate very much if Christian Damus would show in this thread and clarify if this is possible to implement/patch using the new ElementType framework in Papyrus 2.0, and if so - how it could be done. I could probably work on this issue, but need little bit of guidance Smile
Previous Topic:Sequence diagrams in 2.0.1
Next Topic:Value LifeLine in Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:16:43 GMT 2024