Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMFStore] Incorrect behavior of merge and commit(ChecksumError appears)
[EMFStore] Incorrect behavior of merge and commit [message #1745628] Thu, 13 October 2016 15:19 Go to next message
Taras Vuyiv is currently offline Taras VuyivFriend
Hi guys,

I have an ESLocalProject with one root model element:
- com.package.BundleImpl[id: _cqwHkI-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg] which contains all the other model elements as children.

After merging the project with one of the branches (conflict appeared and resolved) in the root there are three new elements appeared, so now "getModelElements()" returns this:
- com.package.BundleImpl [id: _cqwHkI-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg]
- com.package.ReferenceObjectImpl [id: _h1HUZ4-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg]
- com.package.ReferenceObjectImpl [id: _h1H7C4-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg]
- com.package.ReferenceObjectImpl [id: _h1Gsu4-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg]

The integrity of my model is broken, and to fix it I remove the excess elements with EcoreUtil.delete() in a command which checks the integrity of the model. Elements are deleted, an operation appears in the change package and I am happy with only one com.package.BundleImpl in the root of my project.

The thing is that after commit for some reason the root of the "server project" looks like that:
- com.package.BundleImpl [id: _cqwHkI-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg]
- com.package.ReferenceObjectImpl [id: _h1H7C4-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg]
- com.package.ReferenceObjectImpl [id: _h1Gsu4-4Eeaqtq4aGO3Chg]

This causes a ChecksumError, because in my local project I have only com.package.BundleImpl.

When I don't run theIntegrity command checksum fails too, because in local project I have three extra root elements, and in my server project only two...

Any ideas what exactly could cause this issue?
Re: [EMFStore] Incorrect behavior of merge and commit [message #1745756 is a reply to message #1745628] Mon, 17 October 2016 08:41 Go to previous message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

Hi,
Would it be possible for you to share the Ecore and the model-plugin? Otherwise it is a bit hard to follow.
Did you make any changes to the generated code (e.g. to getters or setters?). Changes in this area might break generic/reflective EMF functionality on which EMFStore is relying.
Regards
Johannes

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[Xcore] Getting Xcore to play well with bndtools
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] Tree Master Detail Recursion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:19:51 GMT 2024