Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Property of RCP product disappears(Why does the property of my RCP product disappear?)
Property of RCP product disappears [message #1745462] Tue, 11 October 2016 08:35 Go to next message
Anna Hofstaetter is currently offline Anna HofstaetterFriend
I created a product of my RCP-Plugin-project. In my RCP-Plugin-project I have implemented an own perspective for my plugin to start with. Running my plugin as `application`, everything works fine and I can see my perspective.

To set my perspective as default I have added a 'property' `preferenceCustomization` to the `plugin.xml` of my product. The code of related `plugin_customization.ini` is the following:

org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_PROGRESS_ON_STARTUP = false
org.eclipse.ui/defaultPerspectiveId=de.cau.cs.bdd.perspective

The `plugin.xml` of the application and the `plugin.xml` of the product you find in the attachement.

Oddly enough launching my product I obtain an empty eclipse-window and the property `preferenceCustomization` has disappeared.

Does anybody know why this could happen? And how to fix it?
  • Attachment: plugin.xml
    (Size: 2.29KB, Downloaded 183 times)
  • Attachment: plugin.xml
    (Size: 0.69KB, Downloaded 220 times)
Re: Property of RCP product disappears [message #1745579 is a reply to message #1745462] Wed, 12 October 2016 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vetle Volden-Freberg is currently offline Vetle Volden-FrebergFriend
Is your RCP application based on features or plugins? And could you also upload your product definition? Smile

Regards Vetle VF.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2016 16:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Property of RCP product disappears [message #1745595 is a reply to message #1745579] Wed, 12 October 2016 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Can you also verify that your build.properties includes the plugin_customization.ini?
Re: Property of RCP product disappears [message #1745606 is a reply to message #1745595] Thu, 13 October 2016 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My RCP Application is based on plugins and the 'plugin_customization'-file is included in 'build.properties'. The product definition you can find in the attachement. Do you have any other idea?
  • Attachment: bdd.product
    (Size: 6.64KB, Downloaded 191 times)
Re: Property of RCP product disappears [message #1745610 is a reply to message #1745606] Thu, 13 October 2016 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vetle Volden-Freberg is currently offline Vetle Volden-FrebergFriend
From what I can tell your product configuration does not have the uid field in the definition. For a more elaborate explanation of what the uid field is, see the post: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1076343/

Let me know if it helps.

- Regards Vetle VF.
Re: Property of RCP product disappears [message #1745614 is a reply to message #1745610] Thu, 13 October 2016 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you! I have added a UID as you can see in the product definition, but my implemented perspective doesn't appear. I don't know why...
  • Attachment: bdd.product
    (Size: 6.67KB, Downloaded 204 times)
Re: Property of RCP product disappears [message #1745709 is a reply to message #1745614] Sat, 15 October 2016 02:25 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
You could put a breakpoint on org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.DefaultPreferences#initializeCustomizations(): this is the method that loads and applies the specific plugin_customizations.ini file.
Previous Topic:How do I use third party library in my RCP project?
Next Topic:Product Export Wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:02:03 GMT 2024