Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Merge menu item in Team sync view?
Merge menu item in Team sync view? [message #1745211] Thu, 06 October 2016 14:44 Go to next message
David Balažic is currently offline David BalažicFriend
Hi!

When in "Team Synchronizing" view, there is no "Merge" option in the context menu (right click on an item in the "Synchronize" view).

Or maybe I just can't find it?

Subclipse has in the context menu a "Team" submenu where all related options are available.

Now, I must switch perspective to get access to the Merge option.

Is there a shortcut?
Would it make sense to file a RFE if not?

Regards,
David
Re: Merge menu item in Team sync view? [message #1750835 is a reply to message #1745211] Thu, 29 December 2016 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello!
If I understood your question properly, then you're referring to the 'merge group' actions in general, such as 'Override & Update', 'Override & Commit', 'Mark as merged', 'Edit Conflicts', 'Edit Tree conflict'. If so - they're all present in Team menu in Synchronize view directly, not in the sub-menu. So, next - it is a matter of usability: is it simpler to use it directly or to go to sub-menu in order to do so. For instance I prefer the first way and many users too. It is possible to duplicate them in both - main and sub menus, but I'll just add one more menu item while the main menu is already pretty loaded at the moment.

If I misunderstood your question, please correct me, so that I can give a more adequate answer.
Re: Merge menu item in Team sync view? [message #1750840 is a reply to message #1750835] Thu, 29 December 2016 19:42 Go to previous message
David Balažic is currently offline David BalažicFriend
No, I mean the "Merge..." option, that brings up the merge dialog, where I can start a SVN merge.

Meanwhile I switched back to using subclipse, so I can give limited feedback.
Previous Topic:JavaHL on 64bit Windows
Next Topic:Strange navigation "hang" when expanding directories in SVN Repository Exploring view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:20:10 GMT 2024