Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Convert Eclipse RCP Help Project to Standalone Help System (WebHelp)(Created Help system in Eclipse, Need to convert it to Standalone Help also)
icon4.gif  Convert Eclipse RCP Help Project to Standalone Help System (WebHelp) [message #1744975] Mon, 03 October 2016 17:02 Go to next message
Sonny Boyd is currently offline Sonny BoydFriend
I've created a rather robust Help system for an Eclipse developed RCP. The Help system works very well in Eclipse when I run configuration and it works excellently in the RCP application, using toc.xml, context, xml, and index.xml. Management decided that we should also post the Help system as a standalone Help (webhelp) for easy access without having to log on to the application. Currently, that means I have to recreate the Help system using RoboHelp (which is an awful process - my html files double in size).

I read the Eclipse Help manual on creating standalone Help, but was rather confused about the actual process. I tried it a couple of ways, but have had no success. This Help Creator (me) could use a little help on the easiest/best way to create webhelp (or any standalone Help package) from my RCP Help files.

Thanks,

Sonny
Humbled Technical Writer Extraordinaire

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2016 21:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Convert Eclipse RCP Help Project to Standalone Help System (WebHelp) [message #1750325 is a reply to message #1744975] Tue, 20 December 2016 00:47 Go to previous message
Sonny Boyd is currently offline Sonny BoydFriend
No answers yet. I really need some help for my Help. Thanks. This will bump me back up to the top, I hope.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Luna v4.4.2 - Need to upgrade Debug UI from v
Next Topic:Have the same plugin but different plugin.properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:09:10 GMT 2024