Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Subversive connection(Connect subversive from eclipse on linux to eclipse to windows)
Subversive connection [message #1744761] Fri, 30 September 2016 05:21 Go to next message
krishna bharadia is currently offline krishna bharadiaFriend
I have installed subversive version 1.8.8 on Ubuntu 14.04 and now i want to share my project to Windows where SVN repository is already installed using Eclipse Indigo, How should i do it?
Re: Subversive connection [message #1750833 is a reply to message #1744761] Thu, 29 December 2016 18:57 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello. The version you've specified is not the Subversive version, but the Subversion (SVN) version. So, I'm not to sure on how should I reply to your question, since the way to do so is different between command line and GUI clients. The most generic response would be something like this:
1) In order to share project on to repository located on the different server you first should ensure it is accessible through network using one of the following protocols: svn, svn+ssh, http, https. The first and the second requires starting a separated SVN server process which will handle everything by itself, while the third and the fourth requires integrating SVN support module into an Apache web server instance.
2) After you finished setting up the configuration, you may proceed to share your project into the repository.

If you're using Subversive GUI you should first register a repository location in the Eclipse IDE->SVN Repositories view, then press right mouse button over the project and select Team->Share... and proceed according to the wizard steps. If you want to share project using a command line client, then it will be helpful to run 'svn help' in order to study command line client commands. But generally the process is as follows:
1) make an empty directory on the repository
2) checkout that directory to the project's root
3) add resources to the source control
4) commit them.
Previous Topic:NullPointerException
Next Topic:SVN: Email Sender For Team
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:41:23 GMT 2024