Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Cannot get com.ibm.sample.zip.creation.ZipBuilder plugin to be picked up by Mars Eclipse 4.5.2
Cannot get com.ibm.sample.zip.creation.ZipBuilder plugin to be picked up by Mars Eclipse 4.5.2 [message #1744748] Thu, 29 September 2016 21:31 Go to next message
Tom Hust is currently offline Tom HustFriend
Migrating our application from RAD 7.5 to Mars Eclipse 4.5.2. As part of our application, we used a IBM plugin called zip builder (com.ibm.sample.zip.creation) that when building a project will automatically build the JAR file into the EAR project.

As part of RAD 7.x, we would just place this plugin into the SDP/plugins folder and it would work.

As part of Mars Eclipse 4.5.2, I have tried copying this into the eclipse\plugins and/or eclipse/dropins folder but eclipse will not recognize it.

Another team within our company uses Kepler Eclipse and works great.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Cannot get com.ibm.sample.zip.creation.ZipBuilder plugin to be picked up by Mars Eclipse 4.5.2 [message #1795302 is a reply to message #1744748] Thu, 20 September 2018 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vissu adusumalli is currently offline vissu adusumalliFriend
Hi,
Did you get any reply for this.?

Currently i am using RAD 9.6.1.1.Zip creation plugin doesn't work for this?

Regards,
-Vissu Adusumalli.
Re: Cannot get com.ibm.sample.zip.creation.ZipBuilder plugin to be picked up by Mars Eclipse 4.5.2 [message #1795388 is a reply to message #1795302] Fri, 21 September 2018 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It's possible that it has an unmet dependency that keeps it from being loaded. Check your log files (https://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Where_are_Eclipse.27s_log_files_located.3F), but as it sounds like a commercial plug-in, there's not a lot anyone here can do.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Cannot get com.ibm.sample.zip.creation.ZipBuilder plugin to be picked up by Mars Eclipse 4.5.2 [message #1796753 is a reply to message #1795388] Thu, 18 October 2018 13:44 Go to previous message
vissu adusumalli is currently offline vissu adusumalliFriend
Hi Nitin,
Thanks for reply.By the way i would like to know how did you resolved this issue?Are there any other alternatives for this?
Previous Topic:My projects are not loading upon restart of Eclipse Oxygen 4.7.3a version
Next Topic:Starting scheduled job on server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:28:19 GMT 2024