Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » So so lost with SDCC plugin(Can not get SDCC plugin to work)
So so lost with SDCC plugin [message #1744331] Sun, 25 September 2016 20:12
Jason Drew is currently offline Jason DrewFriend
Hi

I really hope someone can help.

I have been getting virtually nowhere with an embedded 8051 C development.

I have some original code that was supplied as a Keil project. I installed the Keil plugin and successfully impoted the project into Eclipse.

That is where my success ends!

I wish to use SDCC for the cross compiler and linker (not sure if it provides and debug features). SDCC is installed fine and running but for the life of me I have not been able to get Eclipse to create a makefile and compile the imported project using SDCC.

I have downloaded the Eclipse/SDCC plugin but Eclipse does not seem to see it at all. I have followed the instructions to copy the SDCC "plugin" and "features" directory to the installation directory.

All the information on the web seems to show different/older Eclipse version and I have no idea what I should do from this point or why a later version of Eclipse is so different.

I am using Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Neon Release 4.6.0.
Build id: 20160613-1800

I am not fixated on the plugin and I am happy to configure the project to use SDCC if I could work out how, I just thought the plugin would be the right way to go. Every time I look on the web for help the versions that are used for explanation bear little resemblance to the one I'm using

Please can anyone just point me in the right direction, I have trawled the web for weeks and I just can't get it to work.

Many thank in advance

Jason
Previous Topic:Suggestions for debugging the indexer?
Next Topic:Debug strings without <repeats x times> ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 15:40:13 GMT 2024