Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor
Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor [message #1744276] Fri, 23 September 2016 20:12 Go to next message
Truong Ho-Quang is currently offline Truong Ho-QuangFriend
Hi,

I am developing a plugin (for Capella) which requires org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui_3.1.2.201511030845.jar.

I am trying to get this code run:
import org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.api.editor.*;
DDiagramEditor editor = ((DDiagramEditor) partRef.getPart(true));
editor.getSession().getTransactionalEditingDomain().addResourceSetListener(new CapellaEditorListener());
ResourceSet resourceSet = getLastActiveEditorResourceSet(editor);

I experienced with the error: "The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor."

I checked to ensure that JRE 1.7u80 and the package "org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui_3.1.2.201511030845.jar" are correctly installed.

Does anybody experienced the same problem? Can you give me a pointer how to fix this?

Thank you!
Re: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor [message #1744382 is a reply to message #1744276] Mon, 26 September 2016 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Have you added the dependency to the plug-in "org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui" in your plugin MANIFEST.MF? Note that it may be another dependency that is missing and the automatic build of your plug-in stopped resolving other dependencies such as "org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui".

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2016 12:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor [message #1744434 is a reply to message #1744382] Mon, 26 September 2016 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve,

It turned out that I forgot to add org.eclipse.sirius.business.api.session.Session to the Dependencies list.
Adding org.eclipse.sirius to the Required Plug-ins fixed the problem.

I experienced with a new prob - Capella crashed every time I tried to run the plugin.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.util 4 0 2016-09-27 00:16:49.932
!MESSAGE Unable to create more threads!
Active Thread Pool tasks: 0
Exception in thread "[Timer] - Main Queue Handler" 
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "[Timer] - Main Queue Handler"

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2016-09-27 00:16:51.283
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
Error while logging event loop exception:
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurred dispatching signal SIGTERM to handler- the VM may need to be forcibly terminated

Have you experienced with this? Please let me know if you know how to fix this?

Regards,
Truong
Re: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor [message #1744452 is a reply to message #1744434] Tue, 27 September 2016 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,
I think you must increase the "-Xmx" jvm parameter. By default, it is set to 3000m in eclipse.ini of Capella.
Regards,

--
Laurent Redor - Obeo

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Re: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor [message #1744456 is a reply to message #1744452] Tue, 27 September 2016 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,

Increasing it does not help me - The problem remained.
Can you have a look on Capella settings on my computer (MAC 64b, Java 1.7u80):

-startup
../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
--launcher.library
../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807
-showsplash
org.polarsys.capella.core.platform.sirius.ui.perspective
-vm
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_80.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.7
-Xms1024m
-Xmx15360m
-Xdock:icon=../Resources/Eclipse.icns
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts

I had problem getting Capella running at first and used the tips given in this discussion

Regards,
Truong
Re: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor [message #1744459 is a reply to message #1744456] Tue, 27 September 2016 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
-Xmx15360m is maybe ignored by the jvm. I don't know exactly the limit.

Do you try -Xmx3000m ?

Furthermore, I think you launch a runtime and the parameter must be set in the launch configuration in "Arguments" tab. The runtime does not reuse the parameters defined in the eclipse.ini file.

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Re: Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.sirius.ui.business.api.dialect.DialectEditor [message #1744528 is a reply to message #1744459] Tue, 27 September 2016 20:28 Go to previous message
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions. Setting it to 3000m (in the .ini file) did not help. I don't know where to set up the launch parameters within Capella either.
By the way, I migrated the project to Windows (Capella on Windows) and it worked finally.

Regards,
Truong.
Previous Topic:Sirius Resource Strategy and Resource.unload()
Next Topic:Can't access to a reference in Sirius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 03:07:13 GMT 2024