Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » Where can I find the feature ids required for a marketplace entry?
Where can I find the feature ids required for a marketplace entry? [message #1743807] Mon, 19 September 2016 19:30 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I'm trying to create a new Marketplace entry for a new plugin that I'm responsible for (although I still feel perenially new to Eclipse plugin development).

The entry form at https://marketplace.eclipse.org/node/add/resource is telling me that I need to enter the "feature ids" that are defined in the "site.xml" file. However, my update site doesn't have a "site.xml" file, and I can't find anything like a "feature id" in any of the other metadata files in the update site.'

For background, the following is my update site URL: https://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/sites/p2repos/org.opendaylight.yangide/release/ .

What do I need to provide here?
Re: Where can I find the feature ids required for a marketplace entry? [message #1743871 is a reply to message #1743807] Tue, 20 September 2016 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
You'll need the Feature's ID as specified in the feature.xml file:

<feature
      id="org.opendaylight.yangide.feature"

Alternatively, have a look at your update site's features/ directory and take the part of the jar file's name before the _[version].jar. If you didn't do any fancy packaging magic to your update site, that will be your feature id.
Re: Where can I find the feature ids required for a marketplace entry? [message #1743940 is a reply to message #1743871] Tue, 20 September 2016 20:40 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Thanks. It was easy enough to get to the feature.xml files in the source tree. I should have realized that.
Previous Topic:Hunspell4eclipse
Next Topic:How to associate file extents with a marketplace entry?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:18:52 GMT 2024