Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Remote Build Setup(How to setup a TITAN project for remote building)
Remote Build Setup [message #1743109] Mon, 12 September 2016 10:30 Go to next message
Adrian A. is currently offline Adrian A.Friend
I've been looking through the TITAN documentation but couldn't find how should a project be setted up for remote building.

I've tried to create a new TITAN project via "File->New->TITAN project" and selecting RSE in "Choose file system" but I get the following error message (see attached image):
"The build system of TITAN currently does not support completely remote projects"

Could someone please point me to the right document or give me a hint on how to do it?
Re: Remote Build Setup [message #1743270 is a reply to message #1743109] Tue, 13 September 2016 16:57 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Adrian,

indeed currently Titan does not support remote projects. This might be subject of future development.
As a compromise, you can use use RSE to edit the remote TTCN-3 files, but building and execution has to be done
on the command line, either in RSE consoles within the Eclipse IDE or separate (e.g. SSH) consoles.
Of course in this context the notion of "project" in the Eclipse sense will not work; the backbone of project will be the Makefile.
It's more a command line style usage but with the Titan Eclipse Designer capabilities added.

If possible, I'd recommend you to install Eclipse on the remote machine and access it via VNC or NX or equivalent.
Best regards

Elemer

Previous Topic:C++ compiler error for Eclipse plugin
Next Topic:ETSI ITS wireshark capture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:02:50 GMT 2024