Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Concurrent access to bundle pool with several users(good, bad or terrible idea ?)
Concurrent access to bundle pool with several users [message #1743022] Fri, 09 September 2016 14:42 Go to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible/recommended to share a bundle pool with several users ?

I think if all the users do read only operation it should be ok but what happens if they run updates or new installs ?

Thank you

Re: Concurrent access to bundle pool with several users [message #1743046 is a reply to message #1743022] Fri, 09 September 2016 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
A pool is generally something that gets updated when you install things or resolve target platforms with targlets and it's possible for a single user to do this simultaneously in several IDEs or using several installer instances. In principle that's designed to work properly, so in principle if several users all have write permission for a shared pool that would work. Though I'm not sure what exactly will happen if the same artifact is added to the pool at the same time by more then one process...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Concurrent access to bundle pool with several users [message #1743071 is a reply to message #1743046] Sat, 10 September 2016 09:20 Go to previous message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Thanks for the answer.

I will try the multi user installing same bundles to see

Previous Topic:Creating checkstyle configuration file
Next Topic:Unable to Preference Synchronizer due to invalid password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:58:11 GMT 2024