Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » getSingleClickFeature of DefaultTollBehaviorProvider not triggered
getSingleClickFeature of DefaultTollBehaviorProvider not triggered [message #1742896] Thu, 08 September 2016 12:59 Go to next message
Daniaud Vivien is currently offline Daniaud VivienFriend
Hello,

I have an eclipse RCP project using graphiti. I have two different kind of elements : the connection and the state.

I want to perform actions when a connection or state is selected

I had updated Graphiti from 0.9 to 0.12 and i saw that the getSingleClickFeature has been added in the DefaultTollBehaviorProvider.

In the documentation i see that to allows the getSingleClickFeature to be triggered the direct editing feature has not to be implemented.

In my case I extend the DefaultFeatureProvider without overriding the getDirectEditingFeature (in order to allow the single click). But the getSingleClickFeature remains not triggered.

Moreover I tried to find a method in the AbstractDirectEditingFeature that is triggered by a simple click but i can't find any method.

Does someone could help me with that?

Vivien

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2016 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: getSingleClickFeature of DefaultTollBehaviorProvider not triggered [message #1743410 is a reply to message #1742896] Thu, 15 September 2016 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Vivien,

not sure if I got your point.

This sounds like you would like to simulate the single click feature using the direct editing feature and want to hook into selection in direct editing? I'm afraid that will not work, because direct editing pretty much shields what is done for selection.

Why do you not use the SingleClickFeature? It could be enabled on a kind of outer shape and direct editing on an inner one.

Michael
Re: getSingleClickFeature of DefaultTollBehaviorProvider not triggered [message #1743767 is a reply to message #1743410] Mon, 19 September 2016 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Michael,

First of all thanks for you answer.

Sorry for my question if i was not clear.

Imagrated my application on eclipse RCP 4 so i could enjoy new functionalities appears in graphiti from graphiti 0.9.

For my problem I try to use the getSingleClickFeature but no feature are triggered. So I deleted my getDirectEditingFeature overriding, as said in the documentation of getSingleClickFeature. But the feature in the getSingleClickFeature remains not triggered.

So is there something particular to be done to use the getSingleCickFeature?
Re: getSingleClickFeature of DefaultTollBehaviorProvider not triggered [message #1743768 is a reply to message #1743410] Mon, 19 September 2016 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2016 14:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: getSingleClickFeature of DefaultTollBehaviorProvider not triggered [message #1744007 is a reply to message #1743768] Wed, 21 September 2016 12:29 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Vivien,

that might depend on your tool, but the only common thing is that there must be no direct editong feature enabled for the shape. Is the method getSingleClickFeature in your tool behavior provider called? In case yes, and you return a feature, it might return false on canExecute.

More is hard top tell without knowing the exect case.

HTH,
Michael
Previous Topic:Cannot show context button when pictogram element on the right edge of diagram editor.
Next Topic:Copy/Paste across editor instances
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:43:14 GMT 2024