Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Single binding for handling multiple things simultaneously
Single binding for handling multiple things simultaneously [message #1742834] Thu, 08 September 2016 05:09 Go to next message
Abin Mathew Abraham is currently offline Abin Mathew AbrahamFriend
Hi,

Is it possible to create a binding for handling multiple things simultaneously?? If yes, please suggest an approach.

Regards,
Abin
Re: Single binding for handling multiple things simultaneously [message #1743200 is a reply to message #1742834] Tue, 13 September 2016 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
I am not sure if I understand your question. Almost every binding that has been implemented supports multiple things simultaneously. What exactly is your issue?
Re: Single binding for handling multiple things simultaneously [message #1743288 is a reply to message #1743200] Wed, 14 September 2016 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kai,

Thanks for your response and valuable time. I thought 1 binding is meant for 1 thing. What I'm trying to do right now is to interface openHAB with Leshan server such that the end user should see the clients connected to the Leshan server and should be able to operate them from openHAB without having to operate the server directly. In this thread, https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1071679/ you have mentioned that the right mapping should be Thing=Device. So the binding which I'm trying to develop should be able to create things dynamically, and as devices are not same, I need to create different things dynamically in the same binding. This is the scenario. I hope you understood. (I'm new to openHAB/ESH, bindings etc.).
Can you tell me the flaws in my approach, the pros and cons? Can you explain how you will approach this problem? Please share some github link of binding source code where things and channels are created dynamically.

Thank you,
Abin

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2016 05:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Single binding for handling multiple things simultaneously [message #1743463 is a reply to message #1743288] Thu, 15 September 2016 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Abin,

A binding that makes heavy use of dynamically created things is Homematic: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.homematic
You might also want to have a look what Marcel did on MQTT: https://github.com/marcelrv/smarthome/tree/mqtt/extensions/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt

Hope this helps,
Kai
Re: Single binding for handling multiple things simultaneously [message #1743531 is a reply to message #1743463] Fri, 16 September 2016 08:54 Go to previous message
Hi Kai,

These links look really helpful. Thanks for your valuable time and response.

Regards,
Abin
Previous Topic:0.9.0 release plan
Next Topic:Binding Transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:51:23 GMT 2024