Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Text cursor won't move to input (using PyDev)?(When using the input function in PyDev, when I test my code, the cursor doesn't automatically move to the field to enter my input value)
Text cursor won't move to input (using PyDev)? [message #1742822] Wed, 07 September 2016 22:25
Michael Cowan is currently offline Michael CowanFriend
Hey everyone,

I am brand spanking new to programming and I'm taking an introductory course at my local community college for Python. I use a Mac at home, and was reading about various IDLEs for Python, and came across Eclipse/PyDev. I really like it compared to what we use on campus (base Python IDLE/NotePad++).

We are using the newest version of Python 3.x.x., which I have enabled in Eclipse/PyDev via the help of YouTube. However, I am having an issue when I use inputs when testing my code in Eclipse using the interpreter. When I use the input function, my text cursor doesn't automatically move to the space where I'd like to enter my input value. I.E. if I have name = input('What is your name? ') then run the code, my cursor will stay on the side of the editor, and not move over to the interpreter to enter my name (I have the editor/interpreter side by side). Is there a way to get it to automatically move, or do I have to continually click to where I want to type?

Thanks,

Michael
Previous Topic:FeatureMApper plugin
Next Topic:How to integrate CSV with Eclipse 4.2.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:58:26 GMT 2024