Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » memory consumption
memory consumption [message #1742771] Wed, 07 September 2016 13:59 Go to next message
Denys Khanzhyiev is currently offline Denys KhanzhyievFriend
Is there anyway to reduce amount of memory eaten by AJDT after build?

I have situations when I have 15-20 projects in Eclipse Workspace and most of them are AJDT projects.
And then I have 1050Mb of memory eaten by some AJDT stuff.
And it is with
-Xset:minimalModel=true,typeDemotion=true
otherwise it will be around 1500Mb.
Maybe there is a way to switch off cross references view and throw away all information associated with it. I can live without cross references.

Re: memory consumption [message #1772018 is a reply to message #1742771] Mon, 04 September 2017 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You could go to "Help" -> "Installation Details" and on the "Installed software" tab locate "Cross References tool (XRef)". Then you could try uninstalling it and see what happens. Maybe the XRef tool is the culprit, maybe just the weaving step during compilation is, depending on how many classes you have and how broadly you apply AspectJ to your code base.
Re: memory consumption [message #1861254 is a reply to message #1772018] Mon, 02 October 2023 19:51 Go to previous message
Jack Jones is currently offline Jack JonesFriend
For projects where you don't require AJDT functionality, consider disabling AJDT features on those projects or converting them to regular Java projects if they don't use AspectJ.
Previous Topic:AspectJ logs not printing issue with Open JDK 17
Next Topic:Joinpoint for TestNG tests?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:55:39 GMT 2024