Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Any way to load classpath jars from external file ?(Need to read list of jar file paths from an external file and load them into RCP application classpath at runtime)
Any way to load classpath jars from external file ? [message #1742693] Tue, 06 September 2016 16:34
Abishek Sampath is currently offline Abishek SampathFriend
I have an eclipse RCP application which makes use of some 3rd party jars. I cannot bundle those jars in the application because of some licensing issues.

So what i have done is create a Environment Variable "GLOBAL_JARS" and use an 'external:' reference to the environment variable in the classpath. This is so that the user can place the jars at the path pointed by the environment variable and hence the application can access them at runtime.

Now, the issue is, the client whom i am preparing the application for, wont have admin rights and hence cannot create a system environment variable, and they dont want to be creating session environment variable everytime.

So, now what i am looking for is, is there anyway that the user can mention the list of jar file paths in an external file (say an .ini file) which can be accessed by the application loader during runtime, and load all the jars in classpath ? or is there any other alternative way for the small issue

Thanks a lot,
Abishek
Previous Topic:Detect HTTP Status Web Browser
Next Topic:Papyrus Perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:16:41 GMT 2024