Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Hide Min/Maw buttons(E4 RCP)
Hide Min/Maw buttons [message #1742547] Sun, 04 September 2016 11:15 Go to next message
Jean-Pascal Laux is currently offline Jean-Pascal LauxFriend
Hello,

I am currently migrating our main application (written with Eclipse 3.7) to Eclipse 4 and of course, I have many questions.

I use neon and I have found css style I have to change to solve the problem but the behavior is strange.
I have 2 partstacks :
1 - partstack has a menu and a toolbar. When I apply the css style, the buttons are hidden but the menu and the toolbar are behind the tab !
2 - partstack with a part not closable. When I apply the css style, the buttons are hidden but the height of the tab is reduced until I open a closable part.

In idea about ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 04 September 2016 11:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hide Min/Maw buttons [message #1743627 is a reply to message #1742547] Sat, 17 September 2016 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like to add information.

It seems to be an issue regarding the size calculation of the CTabFolder.

In Eclipse IDE, you can see the part "Project Explorer" with toolbar, menu and min/max buttons on the same row as the tab. When you reduce the width of the part,
the composite with toolbar and menu goes to the next row because there is no enough space to render it.

If I don't make errors, CTabFolderRenderer uses a RowLayout and the size of the composite that contains toolbar and menu is wrong so RowLayout put the composite on the next row.

I have checked the source code but I did not find the function that manages this behavior.

Any idea ?

Thanks
Jean-Pascal
Re: Hide Min/Maw buttons [message #1743832 is a reply to message #1743627] Tue, 20 September 2016 07:06 Go to previous message
New news.

I have exported my product and run the application on different computers with the same OS (Windows 7 Pro) and sometimes, I have the problem, sometimes no.

Very strange

Jean-Pascal
Previous Topic:Update application with P2
Next Topic:Close part programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:24:08 GMT 2024