Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » slow code parse and auto-completion for "self"
slow code parse and auto-completion for "self" [message #1741231] Wed, 24 August 2016 03:37 Go to next message
bingcong ni is currently offline bingcong niFriend
First of all, I have to say LDT is my favorite editor, and the auto completion feature is the best among editors Very Happy

1. I find the code analyzer is a little slow, with "user assistance for global" enabled, whenever I open eclipse and hold "Ctrl" on some lua code, the whole Eclipse stuck for about a minute.
And this happens continiously when typing(especially when Ctrl+C), stuck for a minute. I guess the parser parse the whole project again and again...
I managed to solve this issue by maintaining a cache in memory in javamodelsbuilder.lua. Buy my solution takes almost 1.5GB extra memory..

2. To make "self." auto completion work, I have to add
---
-- @function [parent=#type] name
-- @param self
before every function.
This is not quite convenient, I modified some code in internalmodelbuilder.mlua about handling the "self" parameter, to use a internal type as the module name.
It works but it's an ugly solution....

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2016 03:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: slow code parse and auto-completion for "self" [message #1741390 is a reply to message #1741231] Wed, 24 August 2016 16:10 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
1. About globals, I have no good solution. You can see details here : https://wiki.eclipse.org/LDT/User_Area/Documentation_Language#Global
But massive usage of globals variable is rarely a good practice.

2. I can't find any quick and elegant fix too and I have not so much time to works on LDT now :/
Previous Topic:Installation Problem
Next Topic:"Gnuplot terminal is not set stack traceback" error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:55:37 GMT 2024