Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » How do I tell AdapterFactoryObservableList which feature of the root object to use?
How do I tell AdapterFactoryObservableList which feature of the root object to use? [message #1740387] Fri, 12 August 2016 13:32
Andreas Werner is currently offline Andreas WernerFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to use a TableView as a viewer for my EMF data. I successfully managed to get this tutorial running and working: http://git.eclipse.org/c/efxclipse/org.eclipse.efxclipse.git/tree/demos/org.eclipse.fx.demo.contacts.app?h=2.4.0

Now, I have a problem when I try to reuse the ContactsTableView approach in my project:
public class MyTableViewController {

@FXML private TableColumn<TestObject, Boolean> colValid;
  public void initTable(ModelService modelService) {
    tableView.setItems(new AdapterFactoryObservableList<TestObject>(adapterFactory, modelService.getModel()));
    colValid.setCellValueFactory(features -> BooleanProperty.booleanProperty(
      EMFEditFXProperties.value(editingDomain, features.getValue(),  MyTestPackage.eINSTANCE.getTestObject_Valid()));  // <-------------------------- Exception
    colValid.setCellFactory(CheckBoxTableCell.forTableColumn(colValid));

As stated in the above code an exception is being thrown:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eSettingDelegate(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1565)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1027)
???	at org.dummy.model.impl.TestLevelImpl.eGet(TestLevelImpl.java:146) 
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1011)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1003)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:998)
	at org.eclipse.fx.emf.databinding.edit.EMFEditFXProperties$EObjectProperty.getValue(EMFEditFXProperties.java:120)
	at com.sun.javafx.binding.BidirectionalBinding.bind(BidirectionalBinding.java:64)
	at javafx.beans.property.BooleanProperty$1.<init>(BooleanProperty.java:141)
	at javafx.beans.property.BooleanProperty.booleanProperty(BooleanProperty.java:139)

I guess the NPE is thrown, because the TestLevel class has no "valid" feature. But, I don't want to have TestLevel objects in my table - I only want TestObject objects in my table!!!

So, I guess there might be a problem with the AdapterFactoryObservableList and my model object, because it contains two containment references and all objects of both of these references are used as table items. My question is:

How can I control, that only those objects from the right containment reference are being used as items in the table?

Cheers,
Andreas
Previous Topic:Possibly wrong dependency on EMF Edit (in 2.4 release)
Next Topic:UpdateService does not work behing a proxy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 00:30:08 GMT 2024