Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » No Default Tabs from BPMN2.0 Modeller(I am trying to fix the order of the Tab when it is repaced by Custom Task.)
No Default Tabs from BPMN2.0 Modeller [message #1740025] Mon, 08 August 2016 11:50 Go to next message
Rakesh Kumar Shah is currently offline Rakesh Kumar ShahFriend
Hi,

I am trying for not showing any default property tabs from BPMN2.0

I read in the following java file snippet for reference.

PropertyTabDescriptorProvider.java file there is code snippet
PropertyTabDescriptorProvider#getTabDescriptors(...){
for (PropertyTabDescriptor td : desc) {
// Note that the copy() makes the Tab Descriptor IDs and Section IDs unique.
// This is important because the TabbedPropertySheetPage uses these IDs to
// look up the Sections.
String rtid = td.getRuntimeId();
if (rtid==null || rtid.equals(TargetRuntime.DEFAULT_RUNTIME_ID) || rt.getId().equals(rtid)) {
if (td.getConfigFile()!=null && !rt.getId().equals(rtid))
// don't include Default Runtime tabs that were defined in a config file
// if this isn't the Default Runtime.
continue;
// what's left is just the Tab Descriptors defined by the current Target Runtime
// and the ones from the Default ("None") runtime.
replaced.add(td.copy());
}
}
}

How to create the config file?
The file is expected under project/.bpmnconfig folder. I searched a lot but couldnot figure out solution.

I don't want to show the default runtime tabs for UserTask,ServiceTask and StartEvent object.

Thank you in advance.

-Rakesh
Re: No Default Tabs from BPMN2.0 Modeller [message #1740031 is a reply to message #1740025] Mon, 08 August 2016 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
you can replace a default property tab by the plugin.xml using the attribute 'replaceTag'.

This is an example configuration replacing the default eventTab of an CatchEvent:

<propertyTab
            class="MyPropertySection"
            id="myid"
            replaceTab="org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.commonEvent.tab"
            label="Demo"
            runtimeId="my.runtime"
            type="org.eclipse.bpmn2.CatchEvent">
</propertyTab>

===
Ralph
Re: No Default Tabs from BPMN2.0 Modeller [message #1740075 is a reply to message #1740031] Tue, 09 August 2016 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your quick response.

Replacement of Property tabs works as you have mentioned, but order of Tabs is not correct quite a few times.

Say for an example,
Defintions object has 5 property tabs. I want to show only 2 property tabs. So I can replace only 2 property tabs, but 3 property tabs still visible. I don't want to show any additional property tabs.

Let me know if there is a way to solve this problem.

Thanks
-Rakesh

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2016 04:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No Default Tabs from BPMN2.0 Modeller [message #1740087 is a reply to message #1740075] Tue, 09 August 2016 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Hi Rakesh,

no I don't think you can remove a existing property tab, because there is no extension behavior defined for.
@Bob: did you think this is possible?

A reason why you have 'to much' properties can be the profile type. You can switch to another profile or define you own profile to reduce the behavior of the modeler. See the tutorial here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/BPMN2-Modeler/DeveloperTutorials/ToolPalettes

Additional information how to implement property tabs can also be found here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/BPMN2-Modeler/DeveloperTutorials/CustomPropertyTabs

===
Ralph
Re: No Default Tabs from BPMN2.0 Modeller [message #1740088 is a reply to message #1740087] Tue, 09 August 2016 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you again for your quick response..

Can I go ahead and add this kind of behavior? I will define my profile and try to reduce the feature ennoblement and see if problem solved.

And challenging part is order of tab for custom model after it replaced.

-Rakesh
Re: No Default Tabs from BPMN2.0 Modeller [message #1740627 is a reply to message #1740088] Tue, 16 August 2016 12:51 Go to previous message
Hi Ralph,
ModelEnablement has solved problem of TabOrder, though it is not the perfect way, but it is working out.
Previous Topic:It miss cases/icons into End event list : Cancel End event and multiple End event
Next Topic:output BPMN standard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:44:41 GMT 2024